BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Catching up

It's been awhile since I posted and I wanted to give a recap of the latest news.

I finally got an email from Job #3. I have set up an orientation meeting to learn about the job. From there, I hope that I will start training as soon as possible. I'm a little concerned about being able to balance such a busy schedule but I'm willing to make the necessary sacrifices in order to get my life back on track.

Even thought I have been approved to have my financial aid, I have yet to see my school loan come through my bank account. When it does, I plan to use some of it to pay off my existing credit card. The balance for that card is around $550.00. I haven't been able to pay it down because the monthly fees are so high. I figure, the smart thing is to get rid of a credit card that is charging me so much in fees with my student loan. Then I will pay off the student loan which will be interest free with no fees.

I started working Job #2 last week and so far, I really enjoy it. The work seems very suited to my personality. This job is a work study job, so I will get paid a monthly wage that comes from financial aid and will not be taxed at the end of the year.

I'm worried about the amount of school work I have and how I will find time to keep up with it. I have been using the last couple of weekends to complete work that is not due until a later date. I hope that by doing things ahead of time that when I do start Job #3, I will not feel so overwhelmed. The hardest part to keep up with is the reading. I'd like to keep my evenings free of homework so that the Boy does not feel neglected or ignored. I finish classes in the early afternoon and then try to get all my work done by the time he gets home from work.

I feel that overall everything is slowly starting to come together. There are still some loose ends to tie up but hopefully it won't take long.

0 comments: